HLRSC Linking Policy
The Holland Lop Rabbit Specialty Club (“HLRSC”) grants nonexclusive, limited permission to website owners to develop a link (“Permitted Link”) from the owner’s website (the “Linking Site”) to the HLRSC website home page (www.HLRSC.com) or any other page of the HLRSC website, subject to the terms and conditions listed below.
Permitted Link Options:
- text-based and may the words “Holland Lop Rabbit Specialty Club,” “HLRSC,” “HLRSC.com” or “www.HLRSC.com” OR
- a link containing a graphic banner provided, upon request and at HLRSC’s sole discretion, by the HLRSC. No changes, additions or modifications shall be made to the graphic banner provided by HLRSC. To request a graphic banner contact webmaster@HLRSC.com
“Framing” any page of the HLRSC website or altering the presentation or appearance in any way of any page of HLRSC’s website is prohibited.
Nothing on the Linking Site shall imply, suggest or represent any affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, approval, association or relationship between HLRSC and the Linking Site.
Permitted Links shall not be used or associated with any defamatory, scandalous, inflammatory, profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent or unlawful website or material; shall not be used in or associated with any manner that disparages or adversely affects the name, reputation and goodwill of HLRSC; shall not be used in or associated with any manner that falsely represents or misleads the public regarding HLRSC; and shall not be used in or associated with any manner which infringes or violates the rights of a third party.
In no event shall HLRSC be liable for any content on the Linking Site or for any loss or damage resulting from use of a Permitted Link. The Linking Site, by its use, agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless HLRSC against all claims, actions or proceedings, including but not limited to expenses, costs and attorneys fees, arising out of or based on use of a Permitted Link and/or the Linking Site.
HLRSC retains and reserves all rights in and to all HLRSC proprietary material, including but not limited to trademarks, service marks, logos and other marks, and copyrights appearing on the website. Except for the permission granted hereunder, which is limited solely to the right to link, nothing from the HLRSC website may be posted on a Linking Site or anywhere else without express written permission.
HLRSC reserves the right to terminate permission granted hereunder at any time for any reason. Upon termination, all links to HLRSC’s website immediately shall be removed and all uses of HLRSC’s proprietary material shall immediately cease.
Third Party Links
This website contains links to websites which are not maintained by the HLRSC. Links to third party websites are provided for your convenience and information only. Third party websites are not under the HLRSC’s control and we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of those sites or the products or services offered on or through those sites. Nor can the HLRSC guarantee that sites will not change without our knowledge. The inclusion of a link in this website does not imply the HLRSC’s endorsement of the third party website nor that we are affiliated with the third party website’s owners or sponsors.
<top of page>
The HLRSC, from time to time and at its sole discretion, may grant permission to reproduce sections, stories, articles and/or graphics from the HLRSC website (hereafter, “HLRSC Material”) for offline use. Persons seeking to reproduce HLRSC Material for offline use must obtain prior authorization from HLRSC as outlined below. If authorization is granted, the user must credit HLRSC as specified by HLRSC and display the URL from which the HLRSC Material was taken on the user’s material. Requests to reproduce materials that are not owned by HLRSC will not be considered. HLRSC expressly reserves the right to deny any request for any or no reason at all.
HLRSC does not permit reproduction of HLRSC Material for online use by others; instead HLRSC requires that individuals or organizations provide a link to the HLRSC website under the terms and conditions of HLRSC’s Linking Policy.
- For each request to reproduce HLRSC Material for offline use, a written request must be submitted via email or mail to webmaster@HLRSC.com.
- The request shall include:
- the name of the individual and/or organization
- the individual’s and/or organization’s address, telephone number, email address and URL (if any)
- a description of the proposed use
- a precise description of the HLRSC Material sought to be reproduced and the URL where it is found
- the number of copies to be produced
- If the request is approved, as determined in HLRSC’s sole discretion, HLRSC will send written authorization granting permission to reproduce the HLRSC Material. If HLRSC is not the owner of the requested material, the requestor shall be so notified.
- HLRSC shall maintain for its files the written request and the authorization or denial.
Third Party Links
You may use this website for lawful purposes only. You may not use this website for any purpose that is prohibited by law or regulations or to facilitate the violation of any law or regulation.
Sweepstakes, contest, and promotions may also have additional rules and eligibility requirements, such as age or geographic restrictions. You are responsible for complying with these rules and requirements.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: LICENSE
The trademarks, service marks and logos (“trademarks”) used or displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of the HLRSC or third parties. You may not use any of the trademarks or logos appearing on this site without written permission from the trademark owner. Trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks of HLRSC include, but are not limited to, HLRSC, Holland Lop Rabbit Specialty Club, the Holland Lop Rabbit Specialty Club seal and design, and all associated names, marks and logos. This list is not exhaustive and the absence of a name, trademark or logo in this list does not constitute a waiver of any and all intellectual property rights that HLRSC has established in any of its goods, services, names or logos. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Nothing in this website shall be construed as granting — by implication, estoppel or otherwise — any license or right to use any trademarks displayed on the website without the express written permission of the HLRSC or the trademark owner.
USE OF OWNER
Throughout this website, HLRSC uses the term “owner” in various forms. HLRSC is using the term in a general manner and not in a manner to be construed as synonymous with legal title.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
This website contains links to websites which are not maintained by the HLRSC. Links to third party websites are provided for your convenience and information only. Third party websites are not under the HLRSC’s control and we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of those sites or the products or services offered on or through those sites. Nor can the HLRSC guarantee that sites will not change without our knowledge. The inclusion of a link in this website does not imply the HLRSC’s endorsement of the third party website nor that HLRSC is affiliated with the third party website’s owners or sponsors.
You agree that all information supplied by you through this site is true, correct and complete. You understand that membership and advertising is not guaranteed and that all fees paid are nonrefundable. You understand that if you are submitting an application on behalf of another you must have the written authority to do so and will upon request be required to provide to the HLRSC the written authorization. The written authority must explicitly state that you have been given permission to submit the particular application(s) on behalf of another. You can find sample written authorizations at (sample.)You also represent and agree that you are in good standing with the HLRSC. You understand and agree that any misrepresentation submitted by you through the online application process may result in the cancellation of membership or advertising. The submission of false information could also result in the loss of other related privileges. Additionally, the submission of false information may result in HLRSC refusing service, suspending or terminating your account or membership without notice. By supplying your contact information including but not limited to an email address, address and/or telephone number, you consent to receive communications from HLRSC and third parties.
YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and agree to accept responsibility for all activity that occurs through your account or password. You must provide HLRSC with accurate and complete information and must update the information when it changes
HLRSC does not allow for the creation of an Online Account by a person under the age of eighteen. HLRSC policy requires online accounts listed in the names of children be properly authorized by the minor’s parent or guardian. This means the parent or guardian must establish, maintain and submit information on behalf of the minor.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant that any materials, postings, feedback, User Submissions of any kind that you submit to this site or a Social Media Site are owned by you and will not (a) violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or propriety rights; (b) contain any libelous or otherwise unlawful material or (c) are conduct prejudicial to the HLRSC.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
HLRSC may provide third party content (including advertisements) on the site. HLRSC does not endorse or evaluate third party content, and HLRCS does not assume responsibility for third parties’ actions, submissions or omissions. The HLRSC has no obligation to monitor User Submissions or Third Party Content. You agree that HLRSC will not be liable of User Submissions or Third Party Content or any loss or damage resulting therefrom.
SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE HLRSC MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT. HLRSC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE, THE CONTENT, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE FURNISHED OR TO BE FURNISHED VIA THE SITE. HLRSC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BY THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. HLRSC DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES (INCLUDING THEIR FUNCTIONS AND CONTENT) IS AT YOUR RISK.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THIS SITE, SERVICE OR CONTENT BETWEEN THE HLRSC AND YOURSELF OR AS TO THE CONSTRUCTION, INTERPRETATION AND EFFECT OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE SETTLED BY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION. HOWEVER, PRIOR TO ARBITRATION ALL APPLICABLE HLRSC BYLAWS, RULES, REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES MUST FIRST BE FOLLOWED AS SET FORTH IN THE HLRSC CHARTER AND BYLAWS, RULES, REGULATIONS, PUBLISHED POLICIES AND GUIDELINES.
HLRSC may be required by state or federal law to notify you of certain events. You hereby acknowledge and agree that such notice will be effective upon HRLSC posting them in the relevant area of the site or delivering them to you via email. You may update your email address by visiting your account where you can provide contact information. If you do not provide HLRSC with accurate information, HLRSC will not be responsible for failure to contact you.
<top of page>
Online Sale & Rehoming Scams
With the increase of online pet scams, thousands of victims have filed complaints with law enforcement, consumer organizations, and online sources after realizing their new pet is either non-existant or of especially poor health and/or inferior quality. One of the best ways to avoid being scammed is to educate yourself on the warning signs of pet scams and to use due diligence when researching reputable breeders.
If you have any questions or feel you have been scammed, please contact us at scams@HLRSC.com If you’ve been a victim to one of these scams or believe you’ve been in contact with a scammer, please file a compaint at Fraud.org.
Below are a few commonly known scams…
- Free or Inexpensive Pets — most scams begin with a seller offering free, cheap, or discounted prices and then later tacking on delivery/shipping and other costs for inferior quality animals or nonexistent pets. These animals are commonly seen advertised for free on Craig’s List, local newspapers, or Facebook.
- Emotional Appeals — in many cases, scammers will say they’re giving their rabbit(s) away because their child became disinterested, their family has moved and can not provide enough attention, or their new location does not allow pets. Sob stories with photos of adorable rabbits backed by assurances of faith or anything else aimed to pocket your money is just a scam.
- Scare Tactics — scammers will often try to convince potential new homes to send money or consequences will result either to the rabbit or to interested party for showing interest and then abandoning the animal by neglecting to follow through with the adoption/purchase.
- Fraudulent Impressions — don’t be fooled by professional looking websites. Unscrupulous scammers often create beautiful websites by using photos they’ve downloaded (stolen without permission) from other breeders’ websites. Pet scam criminals have also been known to use the names of legitimate pet shippers, pirate websites, and use logos that belong to others. If it sounds and looks too good to be true, it’s probably a scam!
- Other Professional Communications —special email accounts, websites, and other communication measures are often set up to give the impression of a reputable breeder and to help increase sales. Some scammers have multiple identities.
- Health Guarantees — scammers seek to gain the confidence of potential new homes/sales by offering extensive guarantees and health care details. A reputable breeder, however, should be well known and able to provide excellent referrences from past buyers, breed club officers and members, and a veternarian with whom they work closely and have established a good relationship with over the years.
- Money Requests — payment requests that are used like cash/non-refundable, i.e., wire transfers (Western Until or MoneyGram) or prepaid debit cards (Green Dot MoneyPak, Reloadit, or similar) should be considered red flags. It’s never a good idea to send money in advance to a seller/breeder who you have not researched and confirmed their reputation.
- Avoid Pet Mills — some people who sell rabbits aren’t scammers but rather businesses purposed for selling a large number of over-priced pet, brood, and show quality animals. These breeders are usually more interested in making money than selling select, high-quality, healthy rabbits to good homes. Please be careful when buying rabbits from a breeder who sells baby bunnies for show or anyone who sells rabbits at large to the public on a first-come, first-serve basis. Gestation, development, socialization, of a litter takes time — no rabbit should be separated from its dam before 8 weeks of age. It might also be helpful to know many reputable breeders do not rehome pets earlier than 12 weeks and potential show stock earlier than 4-12 months in order to allow enough time for proper development before making final decisions are made.
The Council of Better Business Bureaus has issued warnings about the alarming number of reports from consumers who have lost money as the result of falling victim to scams targeting unsuspecting buyers who have responded to online or newspaper classifieds ads. In most cases, additional fees are added to the free or low priced pet ad and then paid for by the buyer before he/she realizes they’ve been scammed.
Communication solely through emails is never safe. Beware of sellers claiming affiliation with a religious organizations and sellers who are relocating to a foreign country and have immediate rehoming needs.
<top of page>
Viewing this Site
For optimal viewing and security we recommend that you keep your browser up to date. You’ll find a list of the latest browsers at Browse Happy. We recommend that you use any of the latest versions of browsers on Browse Happy for optimal performance
<top of page>
Internet Explorer Note: There are some known issues with Internet Explorer 10 incompatibility. If you experience such issues, we recommend upgrading your browser for an optimal experience.
Users are those people who have registered an account with the HLRSC site. On login, HLRSC uses the cookie to store your authentication details; its use is limited to adminsitration. Afterward, a logged_in cookie is set to help the user understand they’re logged in. HLRSC also sets cookies for the user datatbase and to help customize the viewing of an interface.
If visitors comment, they too get cookies stored on their computer. This is purely a convenience, so that the visitor won’t need to re-type all their information again when they want to leave another comment. The commenter cookies are set to expire a little under one year from the time they’re set.