The HLRSC Holland Scholarship was established, in honor and memory of DJ and Ben Swan, to support the higher education of a youth member who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the Holland Lop breed and made meaningful impact on fellow members, students, and the community.
The scholarship is awarded only to recent high school graduates or those senior students whose graduation is imminent. Applications and Reference Letter must be received by April 30 of the year in which the applicant wishes to receive the scholarship (has been extended to October 3rd for 2020). The scholarship award of $1000, which is subject to funds and qualified candidates, will be paid directly to the recipient to help ease the cost of institution, university, college or trade school for post-secondary educational expenses. The scholarship award is announced no later than one month after the deadline.
Below you will find application procedure and eligibility requirements. Please be sure to apply if you’re eligible and don’t be intimidated by any of the requirements—being awarded extra money for college is always worth a shot!
- HLRSC Youth Member in Good Standing.
- HLRSC Youth Member for at Least Three Years.
- Secondary School Graduate.
Applicants must be:
- A high school (or home-schooled) student who graduated during the 2019-2020 academic school year.
- Has or will receive a high school diploma during the academic year specified above.
- In pursuit of a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution.
- An HLRSC member for at least three years.
- In good standing with the HLRSC.
Nicole Brockriede | email@example.com
Meet a HLRSC Scholar.
What does it mean to be a HLRSC Scholar?