HLRSC Sweepstakes year begins January 1st and ends December 31st.
Purpose: The HLRSC Sweepstakes stimulates interest in competition among members by granting points for winning Best of Breed or Best Opposite Sex of Breed and for placing 1st-5th Place in each class.
Qualifications: To qualify for Sweepstakes points, all exhibitors, including each member of a partnership, must have active memberships at the time of the show or join the HLRSC prior to judging. Membership applications and dues may accompany the completed show report.
Partnerships: Members showing in partnerships or under a rabbitry name need to notify the Sweepstakes Chairperson of this fact for points to be counted as such. Similarly, if any persons in a partnership show under a single name, their points will be accumulated under their single name. The points will not be transferred or combined to the partnership name. It is the responsibility of the member when entering a show to inform the show secretary of intentions to enter under a partnership name. Partnerships that dissolve need to notify the sweepstakes chairperson of the change.
Sweepstakes Points: The total number of points earned by a member each year at sanctioned shows are tabulated by the HLRSC Sweepstakes Chairman. Sweepstakes points will be recorded and reported in the name the member used when joining the HLRSC. Being consistent when entering shows by using the full names, initials, or partnership names in the same exact way each time and making sure to ask the show secretary to record your entry in this manner will help ensure points are awarded correctly.
For additional information, please feel free to contact us.
Sweepstakes Awards & Presentations
Sweepstakes winners will be given awards at or before the ARBA Convention. In addition, a list HLRSC Sweepstakes finalists will be published in the Hollander magazine and on the Holland Lop Rabbit Specialty Club website. The HLRSC.com will also maintain an ongoing Results Archive in effort to help preserve the HLRSC Sweepstakes history for old and new members alike.
HLRSC Sweepstakes Categories (Open & Youth Shows)
- Sweepstakes Competitions (total breeder or partnership points)
- Overall Sweepstakes: Top 20 Winners Receive Awards
- HLRSC Zone Sweepstakes: Top 5 Winners Receive Awards
- Quality Points Competitions (points from top placements)
- Overall Quality Points: Top 20 Winners Receive Awards
- HLRSC Quality Points: Top 3 Winners Receive Awards
- Herdsman Competition (highest number of unique breed winners)
- Top Lop Competition (accumulation of points for any given rabbit)
- 1st Place—6 Points for Each Rabbit Shown in the Class
- 2nd Place—4 Points for Each Rabbit Shown in the Class
- 3rd Place—3 Points for Each Rabbit Shown in the Class
- 4th Place—2 Points for Each Rabbit Shown in the Class
- 5th Place—1 Point for Each Rabbit Shown in the Class
- Best of Breed—2 points for each rabbit shown in the breed
- Best Opposite of Breed—1 point for each rabbit shown in the breed
Did you Know?
—Youth points are only accumulated from youth shows, and open points are only accumulated from open shows. Youth can also accumulate Open points in Open shows, but these points are not transferrable to points earned from youth contests.
- Best of Breed—2 Quality Points
- Best Opposite of Breed—1 Quality Point
- Best in Show—2 Quality Points
- Best 4 Class—1 Quality Point
- Best Reserve in Show—1 Quality Point
Were you Aware?
—Only 1 point can be earned per show for Best 4 Class and Best Reserve in Show. For example, a Holland Lop that wins Best of Breed, Best 4 Class, and Best Reserve in Show would receive two (2) quality points for winning Best of Breed, and only one (1) quality point for winning Best 4 Class and Best Reserve in Show. The rabbit would win a total of three (3) quality points for the show.
—When showing in Holland Lop specialty shows, no Best in Show Quality points are given to the Best of Breed or Best Opposite Breed winner.
—Quality point winners will be given awards at or before the ARBA Convention and results will be published in the Hollander. Awards will be given for first through third place in each HLRSC Zone and first through 20th place for overall Quality and Sweepstakes point winners.
- Best of Breed—2 Points x the Number of Rabbits Shown
- Best Opposite of Breed—1 Point x the Number of Animals Shown
Keep in Mind!
—Double Point Rule for ARBA Convention and HLRSC National Show does not apply to Top Lop contest.
—Annual Top Lop points belong with the rabbit and are transferred with the rabbit if sold to another HLRSC member.
HLRSC Nationals & ARBA Convention Point System
Convention/Nationals Sweepstakes Points
- 1st Place—12 Points for Each Rabbit in Class
- 2nd Place—10 Points for Each Rabbit in Class
- 3rd Place—9 Points for Each Rabbit in Class
- 4th Place—8 Points for Each Rabbit in Class
- 5th Place—7 Points for Each Rabbit in Class
- 6th Place—6 Points for Each Rabbit in Class
- 7th Place—5 Points for Each Rabbit in Class
- 8th Place—4 Points for Each Rabbit in Class
- 9th Place—3 Points for Each Rabbit in Class
- 10th Place—2 Points for Each Rabbit in Class
Convention/Nationals Quality Points
- ARBA Convention Best in Show—4 Quality Points “PLUS” 4 BOB Quality Points
- ARBA Convention Best of Group—2 Quality Points “PLUS” 4 BOB Quality Points
- Best of Breed—4x the Number of Rabbits Shown in the Breed “PLUS” 4 Quality Points
- Best Opposite of Breed—2x the Number of Rabbits Shown in the Breed “PLUS” 2 Quality Points
- Best Display—To Include Placement Points of All Classes, including First through Tenth Place.